Retro: October 2005
I cut this shirt pattern out using stretchy fabric and made it quite OK. However, in my enthusiasm, I also cut out this material, and found stretch satin is NOT quite the same thing as stretch material. Fortunately I realised this REASONABLY early, and intervened with the blue inserts under the arms. To make sure it looked like it was meant to be there, I also added the collar trim, and the cuffs on the arms and hem to make a vaguely Japanese-y shirt. Turned out very well, all in all, and I think I will make another with the same colour contrast when I can find a patterned material I like.