Long Range Craft Jamboree
Friday, December 16, 2005
  Summer shirts

Summer Shirt 1
Originally uploaded by Sponky's Modern Life.


Summer shirt 2
Originally uploaded by Sponky's Modern Life.

Thanks to all those years living in Melbourne, and not really needing any summer shirts, I realised the other day that all my collared summer shirts were at least 7 (if not more) years old, dating back to my uni days.

I made these two shirts for $5.99 material from spotlight. Both are 100% cotton. I used a Burda pattern (8673) which was heavily modified for a larger cup size (normal patterns have a cub size B) using the methods described in Fit for Real People, which is a fabulous book that all people's who use paper patterns should have a copy of. I also have a copy of their pants book but have never actually gotten around to making pants, but I am sure it's equally good. I am going to have to make some soon, I think - it's too hot in Brisbane for panty hose and I can't bring myself to wear skirts to work without them!
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
A crafty community of three: Just like the sew-ins at Sir Fred Schonell Drive during uni, except over the internet!

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger