Long Range Craft Jamboree
Monday, October 23, 2006
  Product Review: Bias Binding Makers

Bias Binding Makers
Originally uploaded by Sponky's Modern Life.

As I don't have the patient of DJ Bebe when it comes to working with little strips of material and a hot iron, I have invested in several widths of bias binding makers.

The bias binding maker on the left is a Clover brand bias binding maker and it is far superior to the one on the right. The smaller hole for the exit means you don't have to hold strips down to get the correct folds - the tool holds the folds in for you. This makes the whole process of making binding much faster and you can keep your hands away from the iron.

I hadn't seen them before the craft show at the weekend, but they are definatly worth looking out for. I may have to upgrade my big bias binding maker next time I see them!

 
Comments:
For the record - I rarely mess with a hot iron. For the bibs there is no iron required - because it's all curves, you stretch the bias binding when sewing it on and then if it's the right size (1 3/8") it just fits and then you pin and sew. Works for me, anyway.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
A crafty community of three: Just like the sew-ins at Sir Fred Schonell Drive during uni, except over the internet!

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger