Long Range Craft Jamboree
Saturday, November 04, 2006
  Summer bags model 2

Summer bags 2
Originally uploaded by Sponky's Modern Life.
Now that the ladies who received these birthday's are past (hey there Janito and DJBebe) I can post this final saga of the summer bags.

These were made with quilting material that was on special - I saw the material and thought the ladies would like it, and I had just made my own summer bag, so seemed the perfect present. As the material was lighter weight that my bag of curtain material, I invested in some double sided VERY heavy duty interfacing - best description is thin styrofoam. This mae the bags very strong and they stand up and hold open on their own. To hold them all together, I stipped (by hand, not via my quilting frame) them before putting the lining in -This held the interfacing to the fabric as well as being a design feature (I was a little dubious about my ironing on here).

The interfacing in and of itself is great - but at $20/m, you wouldn't want to use it all the time.

Pleased to report both ladies liked their presents very much!
 
Comments:
I like the bright pink lining - very smart!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
A crafty community of three: Just like the sew-ins at Sir Fred Schonell Drive during uni, except over the internet!

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger